June 16, 2003

To tell you the truth, I do pride myself as a good listener, better now than maybe a few years ago. I was fine then, of course! But, this one or two years, I've gotten even better as a listener. The difference? I was more talkative two years ago. So, it was like I had my fair share of babbling while others were sharing their tales.

It doesnt take a lot to listen, at least, that's the way it is to me. In fact, I'm always thankful I get to share a piece of a friend's life or even the taxi uncle's laments about life. Simply cos I know that for others to share their 'stories' with you is never an entitlement, but a privilege. They may be talking about people who you do not even know the existence of but if you have the patience to listen, there are indeed a lot of things and new points of view, differing opinions that you can reflect on and work those braincells on. That's why listening to people is never boring, not for me at least. *sounds like some Prudential Insurance advert...

Having said that, I must of course bring in a very, rather, some very important people in my life who Iistens to me. I would have wanted to say Wenn, my bestest of friends, first. cos the 4 hours long phone conversation i had with her on Friday night is still so fresh in mind. If we were a guy and a gal, we would probably be dating already. *yuckss, and wenn shares the same disgust. haha* But, I think to be more systematic, it should go something like this:

My Mum first. I don't know how she finds the adventures of her daughter as a tutor of two little devils engaging. But, oh, Mums are the most wonderful people on Earth. Then, Wenn. I don't know how she could stand listening to my senseless babbling, ostensibly logical but actually highly contradictory. But, I guess she must be somewhat intrigued by me. haha. Okay, she's not; it's just that if I've simple complications, she's complex simplicity. Then, Guoqiang lah, The Royal Pain. Cos I had to make him listen to me, after all the shitty and potentially depressing tales that I've been getting from him. haha. But, no, we don't hate each other. In fact, we pride ourselves as being each other's Royal Pain (in the arse). Then, along came a knight, correction, my knight - Eugene. He's like one of the sizta. Never met a guy who can listen as well as he does and at the same time, contribute as generously and kindly as he does. Then, Hadrian. Always so kind, so patient and so encouraging. Tho I've recently been a lousy friend to him by procrastinating my many promises to meet up with him.

And this is really sounding like the Acknowledgements page of my thesis. haha. People don't use blogging service for this one lah!!! right? I'm supposed to tell you guyz who my latest crush is, which guy i'm dating now, who has been striked off the list and given the royal bitch treatment rite?

Okay. I'd try nex time.

the bottomeline for today? Always be thankful you were allowed to take part in people's conversations even as a mere listener. It's a privilege, not an entitlement. Cheers!

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 02:34